Follow these tips:
- Bar Close to Wrists. Grab the bar close to your wrists, not close to your fingers.
- Squeeze the Bar. Squeeze the bar hard so it doesn’t move. Try to break the bar apart like breaking spaghetti. This activates your triceps more.
- Tighten Your Upper-back. Pull your shoulder-blades together & keep them tight. This gives your body a solid base to press from.
- Drive Into the Bench. Use your legs to drive yourself into the bench. This puts pressure on your upper-back & traps, building a solid base.
- Push in a Straight Line. Keep the bar above your elbows, don’t press it to your face. Fix a point on the ceiling where you want the bar to go.
- Keep Your Elbows Tucked. The only way you can push the bar in a straight line. It also makes using your lats easier. Strength Workout (SWOD) 5/3/1 Bench Press Today’s MetCon is a continuation of the horizontal pressing movement. We worked that plane in the low rep range now we are moving into the moderate rep range. With the shorter AMRAPS in most cases you will be getting around 30 reps per movement. Workout of the Day (WOD) 3min AMRAP 8 Dips 16 Burpees 1min Rest 3min AMRAP 8 DB Floor Press R&L (65/35) 10 Double Unders 1min Rest Repeat AMRAP 1