Daily Eating Habits That Set You Up For Success
To become the fittest version of yourself, diet is as important as exercise. You need to make the right choices to get the best results. Here are five quick tips for good eating habits which will help you achieve better results, faster.
START YOUR DAY RIGHT.
When you jump out of bed, start your day with a glass of not-too-cold water and add a squeeze of lemon juice.
This is effective for a few reasons:
- Lemon is a refreshing way to kick-start your morning
- You’re hydrating yourself first thing, instead of reaching for dehydrating coffee
- Lemon juice is recommended by some experts as a way to improve digestion
- You’re getting a morning dose of Vitamin C
- Water fills your stomach and makes you less likely to overeat at breakfast
- If you can, give yourself another half an hour before you eat a healthy breakfast. This will help you get out the door with a full stomach but with a lower calorie intake
Often, eating badly happens when you’re not prepared. We’ve all been there! It’s the end of the day, you’re starving and you know for a fact there is nothing in the fridge, so you head to the drive-through or to your favourite takeaway.
Prevent this by getting organised and stocking your fridge for the week ahead. If you hate the thought of the grocery store, set up an online account and order delivery. Most supermarkets allow you to save lists, so come up with a few simple, healthy meal ideas and add all the ingredients for a quicker shopping experience.
Cooking not your thing? While they’re not ideal, there are lots of microwave ready meals that are a better alternative to junk food like McDonalds and pizza. Keep a few in the freezer for when you need a night off kitchen duties.
Here’s an even better idea! Pre-make some of those favourite easy prep meals, plate them up and and put them in the freezer ready for those healthy no-cook nights.
|Ready to reach your fitness goals? The first step is to book yourself a FREE trial session. All you need to do is CLICK HERE and complete the form. Then one of our coaches will call you right away to discuss your goals.
Pack your lunch
This advice never goes out of style! As well as saving money, packing your lunch helps you stay on top of calorie consumption. It can also steer you away from impulse-buying like that tempting muffin or extra soft-drink from the cafe near work. Wraps, sandwiches, salads and soup are all simple, easy to prepare lunch ideas.
Find ‘treat’ alternatives
- A hot chocolate made with raw cacao powder can stave off the chocolate craving, while giving you a boost of antioxidants and magnesium.
- A handful of nuts offers a nutrient and protein boost which is far better than lollies/candy.
- Stir some vanilla protein powder into a small tub of Greek yoghurt to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- A simple piece of fruit can ward off a sudden sugar craving.
- Unsweetened fruit tea can be a tasty substitute for juice or soft drink.
Look around for easy ways to swap ‘bad’ with ‘good’ and make sure you have the healthy treats you like to hand.
FIND YOUR MANTRA
Sometimes going over a saying or a question in your head can help support your good eating goals:
- “Am I really hungry?”
- “Food is fuel”
- “What’s the healthiest choice I can make?”
- “My cravings don’t control me”
It can help to tape this to your fridge as a reminder to do the right thing by your body.
CARRY A SNACK
If you have friends who are vegan or celiac, you may notice they happily pull a snack out of their bag when there is nothing appropriate for them to munch on.
There’s nothing to stop you from forming the same habit. Grabbing an apple before you head out the door can insure you against a snack attack which will have you heading for the treat section at the gas station. It will also give you an alternative if there is cake being passed around at work and you have decided not to have any.
With a little forward thinking and planning, you will be able to stay on top of your good eating intentions and work towards your weight-loss or fitness goals.
|Now you have mastered your eating, master your fitness!
The first step is to book yourself in for a FREE trial session. All you need to do is CLICK HERE and complete the form. Then one of our coaches will call you right away to discuss your goals.