Today’s WOD Crush Curls and “Helen” SWOD 3 x5 Over Head Squat 3 x 10 KB Crush Curl
- Snatch or Hang Snatch barbell overhead with very wide overhand grip. Position toes outward with wide stance. Maintain bar behind head with arms extended.
- Descend until knees and hips are fully bent or until thighs are just past parallel to floor. Knees travel in direction of toes. Extend knees and hips until legs are straight. Return and repeat.
- Keep head forward, back straight and feet flat on floor; equal distribution of weight through forefoot and heel.
- The overhead squat is to midline control, stability, and balance what the clean and snatch are to power – unsurpassed.
- Ironically, the overhead squat is exceedingly simple yet universally nettlesome for beginners. There are three common obstacles to learning the overhead squat. The first is the scarcity of skilled instruction – outside of the Olympic lifting community most instruction on the overhead squat is laughably horribly, wrong – dead wrong.The second is a weak squat – you need to have a rock-solid squat to learn the overhead squat.