<![CDATA[Today's WOD Hypertrophy time ! SWOD A. 3 x 6 Deadlift (80% 1rm) A1. Push Ups 3 x 12/15 1min rest B. Lateral Box Step Ups 2 x 8 2 x 30 sec Side Plank
The numerous benefits of this exercise can be summarized as follows:
- Specifically targets the posterior chain (glutes and hamstrings).
- Excellent for building quadriceps strength.
- Low risk of injury / easy to do correctly.
- Creates minimal stress on the knee.
- Easy to modify the basic exercise to create a high level of difficulty.
- Novice exercisers can advance quickly.
- Engages proprioceptors; requires balance and stabilization.
- Specifically targets one leg at a time for balanced leg strength.